Lead Front End Developer
Our client is a global company within the Fintech industry. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, our client is a member of the S&P 500 with partners in 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.
The Lead Front End Developer will be responsible for developing HTML5 applications primarily using react.js. The ideal candidate will need to guide more junior developers and coordinate with our backend development and ux departments to translate mockups into scalable, best in class web applications. This position will be responsible for the design of the UI solution and all phases of the front end development lifecycle and will drive our patterns and practices for other team members.
● Define and Architecture the UI solution for the solutions provided by his team
● Lead and guide Junior developers
● Work with our API development team and UI/UX team to develop and maintain web applications in React.js
● Decompose UI mockups into reusable react components
● Ensure unit test code coverage as applicable for front end components.
● Work as part of a Scrum Team to help prioritize and plan upcoming development efforts across cross functional teams.
● Maintain coding standards for the teams’ front end development efforts.
● Provide code reviews and feedback to others on the team to enforce best practices.
● Assist with devOps’ efforts to automate deployment.
● Self starter with the ability to take ownership and deliver on time, while maintaining high quality.
● Design and document coding standards for the front end development practice.
● Ability to learn, evaluate, and implement new frameworks and patterns as they emerge.
● Occasional travel to other locations as necessary ( <10%)
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
● Strong ES6 skills with working knowledge of various transpilers (babel, etc.)
● Expert level React/Redux experience.
● Experience writing automated js tests.
● Strong HTML 5/CSS skills with the ability to implement pixel perfect designs from mock ups.
● Working knowledge of current UX/UI trends.
● Working knowledge of REST Api Architecture.
● Experience working within Agile development methodologies on a cross functional team.
● Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks in the ever changing js landscape.
● Exposure to cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS)
Desirable Experience (not required)
● Website Design experience using Adobe stack.
● API development experience using J2EE or .Net.
● Basic SQL Query writing skills.
● Build Automation using Jenkins or similar tooling.
● Angular experience a plus.